Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 7:33:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 7:34:11 PM EST by boofus]
Does LMT locktite the barrel nut onto the upper receiver? I've tried using the wrench and beating on it with a hammer and it still does not budge. Am I just not using enough force? Does anyone know if it's just screwed on real tight or did they locktite this stupid thing?

The barrel nut is all scarred up and lots of the teeth look stripped from that stupid wrench slipping off. Is it supposed to be this hard to remove the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:34:27 PM EST
you using proper tools? If so, get yourself a long-ass cheater bar, and have at it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:35:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 7:37:16 PM EST by twonami]
I stuck my upper in the freezer for a hour and the barrel finally popped loose. It is definately a pain in the ass. I have the bushy and use the tool from DPMS
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:36:06 PM EST
I'm using an ar15 multi wrench thingy, one side has 3 prongs sticking out that fit into the little slots on the barrel nut. The other side has lots of little teeth. I didn't have much luck with either side.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:25:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:31:48 AM EST
i just finished replacing my barrel and it was easy as hell. i just leaned on the barrel nut a lil bit and it came loose! i had more trouble trying to take the gas tube off. like tweak said use the side with the teeth there is more contact area to distribute the force evenly that way you dont end up eatin the teeth off of the barrel nut
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:09:06 AM EST
I think they just really torque them on there. I have an LMT barreled upper and some of the teeth in the barrel nut were sort of smashed. I had to file them down because they were damaged in such a way that I couldn't get the bottom half of my Knight's RAS on.
Top Top