Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:29:30 AM EDT
Want to put an engraved ejection port cover on but don't know how. The vltor upper is very different from mil spec style. I have contacted vltor about this and they could not tell me because it would void my worenty they would charge we $20 plus parts and shipping to do it with out voiding it. But that is like 3x the price of doing it my self. So if anyone knows how please help.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a pic? Easier for the rest of us to figure if we can see it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not with me right now but google has pics of it
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It looks like to you need to remove the barrel and slide the ejection port rod out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually just did this on my vltor upper. hammer in the pin that's just above and to the right of the vltor logo. then slide the entire forward assist piece downwards. that way you can access the pin that holds in the rod. easy as pie.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually just did this on my vltor upper. hammer in the pin that's just above and to the right of the vltor logo. then slide the entire forward assist piece downwards. that way you can access the pin that holds in the rod. easy as pie.
View Quote

This is the correct answer.
(But I thought I remember it coming off upwards - it's been months since I took mine off.)

The port door rod doesn't come out from the barrel side, so removing the barrel won't do anything.
The forward assist module is dovetailed into the upper receiver, it may require a few light taps with a plastic mallet or block of wood to get it off.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice design!

Looks like I need to get one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

(But I thought I remember it coming off upwards - it's been months since I took mine off.)
View Quote

I actually did mine two days ago. It slides downwards. It can't go upwards as it would hit the rail.

And OP, to be more specific, you'll need to hammer in the pin that's on the right.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j33/emrivera1/IMG_0577_zpsf7f9d9ea.jpg
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I actually did mine two days ago. It slides downwards. It can't go upwards as it would hit the rail.

And OP, to be more specific, you'll need to hammer in the pin that's on the right.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand corrected.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top