Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2003 10:20:20 PM EDT
Before I screw anything up, how do I switch the rear site from the large peep to the smaller peep?

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It's probably just tough to move the damn sights because it's damn new, but just move it with your damn finger.  Any damn finger will do, as long as it fits in there to flip them damn sights over.

There is no damn lever to select between the damn small and damn large apetures.

[;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just push it foward or backward, whatever the need may be.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just push it foward or backward, whatever the need may be.
View Quote
, Damnit!

Yes, they are very hard to move on a fresh rifle. Just wait till you TRY to remove the handguards.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that you mention it, just about EVERYTHING will be difficult to move in the beginning.  It takes some rounds fired through it and some elbow grease to get some things to "loosen up" on the AR's.

This isn't a Bushy-unique issue, either.

When we got our M16A2's issued to us for the first Gulf War, they were brand-spankin'-new, and I remember charging the weapon was a chore and a half!  It felt as if I were grinding the insides of the rifle up just by pulling on the charging handle!  After a few hundred rounds, all was well and smooth... like a baby's butt!

It just takes time, but like any "machine," some break-in is warranted.

Damnit!  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I could't agree more, Damnit!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You can also get your damn ass over here to learn about zeroing that damn AR: [url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw[/url]

BTW, welcome to the damned site...[:)]

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top