Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2008 7:27:50 AM EDT
The snail drum is about half the cost of the C-mag currently. Are they reliable(the 90 round snail drums) in semi auto?
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 10:08:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2008 10:09:05 AM EDT by kcolg30]
I had the snail drum and I did not like the design and it jammed a few times...so I bought a BETA instead. I like the BETA, just dont drop it...

Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:44:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stgdz:
The snail drum is about half the cost of the C-mag currently. Are they reliable(the 90 round snail drums) in semi auto?

I had the MWG "90 Rounder".

I never had any reliability problems. My objection was the weight and offbalance. But it fed every round. Back before the AWB I traded it off for a dozen USGI 30's.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:10:09 PM EDT

Forget the 90 Rd snail drum it's hard to load it to 3/4 full, plus it jams way more then a regular magazine does and it makes the rifle very lop sided.

Also the cycle rate on FA guns is slower and towards the end fast- Just go to Youtube.com and look for your self maybe not a problem for a semi other then those listed.

On the other hand Bata -C mags are proven to work, and can be stored loaded as well .

The only little problem is there a bit heavy but they do balance well and work great with a bi pod.

Go to Youtube and see for yourself.

Best,

yls---@;-)
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:48:29 PM EDT
They seem to work alright.

Not sure what they are priced at vs a beta, but this one ran well.

A guy i shoot with brought it to the range fully loaded and asked me to dump it through my M16.

20" C7 upper, for the curious.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:15:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 10:35:02 AM EDT
Ordered one back during the ban.

Would not fit into Colt magwell-not even close to fitting!

Seemed VERY cheap-especially the clear back cover.

Sent it back in exchange for several Colt 30 & 20 mags.
Top Top