Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 11:49:52 AM EDT
I cant figure out how to remove the safety selector! The assembly guide didnt help me much.

Anyone help?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
you have to hit it REAL hard on the ground a few times.[;D]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Knife, I will assume that you are completely disassembling the lower and that just the selector is the problem.  Remove the pistol grip.  When you do, take care that you do not lose the spring and detent that hold in the selector lever.  They go up into the body of the lower and are held in place by the pistol grip.  Once you see them, you will know exactly what to do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The detent may not come out easily. Once the detent is out, the selector should slide out easily.
I've never had a detent fall out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I was actually trying to get the selector out of a DAEWOO DR-200 to replace the trigger pack (ar15 compatible)

I smashed it with is stick and wrench and it came out. Im so horrible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top