Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:53:37 AM EDT
I want to know how i would go about doing this. Im going to get a LMT uper from ADCO and a RRA 24'' Bull Barrel also from ADCO. I want a free float tube what hardware do i need to attach the barrel to the uper and the free float tube to the uper. Would i just need to buy this or would i need to buy something else.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:02:08 AM EDT
How to put together an AR

1/2 way down it talks about putting on FF tubes. Basically the FF tube should come with a barrel nut, which attaches to the reciever and then the tube attaches to the nut.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:06:41 AM EDT
thank you what about the gas tube?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:16:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 11:20:01 AM EDT by Got_Guns]
Gas tube slides into a gas block which is clamped or roll pinned to the barrel, you will need to purchase this separate if it is not included with the barrel. Make sure you get the correct size, since barrels are not all the same diameter. The tube then slides into the reciever. Also make sure that you get the correct length gas tube, since there are different types of gas systems (rifle, mid, etc)

ETA: Since you are getting this all from ADCO, it may be in your best interest to contact ADCO directly and let them know what you are ordering and make sure that you got everything you need to complete the job.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:18:48 PM EDT
So will i use a normal gas tube? Im looking at the model1sales free float because there 1/3rd the price.

They also sell something called a Free float sleve. Whats that for?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:06:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 13thWarrior:
They also sell something called a Free float sleve. Whats that for?

That's to free float a rifle for match use....so you can have a rifle that looks competely stock but is free floated.

See here for a little more info.

You don't need one for your project if you're getting a conventional free float tube.
Top Top