Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:20:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2003 5:53:41 PM EST by garandman]
This is my M4gery flattop upper.

What you are looking at is the "base" of the handguard over the barrel nut.

How do I get it off, and get the barrel out of the receiver???

Is there a special tool / barrel wrench??

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:57:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2003 6:57:36 PM EST by Dano523]
[img]http://www.brownells.com/Images/Products/231000007.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5557&title=AR-15+MULTI-TOOL[/url] Or [img]http://www.brownells.com/Images/Products/231015023.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5595&title=DPMS+AR-15+FREE+FLOAT+TUBE+WRENCH[/url] And [img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/Images/om-003-withupper.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp[/url] As for the upper vise block, I like the old style, but can't find a link to one. Maybe someone can post a link to the old style that has the insert and completely encases the upper receiver.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:59:28 PM EST
Just to add, post over in the hometown and see if someone close to you has the tools that you can borrow. If you lived closer to me, you could just come over and use mine.
Top Top