Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2013 12:24:15 PM EDT
Factory pistol lower from rock river. No castle nut. How can I get it off without destroying it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Twist it counter-clockwise until it threads off?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about their pistols, but I have removed a couple of their carbine buffer tubes. It wasn't easy. They use some kind of thread locker or glue on the threads. It is going to take quite a bit of force. Support the receiver properly or you'll likely break it.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
heat gun it first.
came off easy after that.
they tend to use blue locktite.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
heat gun it first.
came off easy after that.
they tend to use blue locktite.
View Quote

They use red and a heat gun to over 400 degrees will do it.  Won't harm anything, remove the handgrip, though, before heating.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Use the "strap wrench"-  I used one w/ the bike chain.  Make sure you wrap your tube around w/ wet cloth so it doesn't get damage then tighten the chain.  Tube was very on tight.  And make sure you turn counter clockwise though.    I asked the same question to RRA tech, and he told me to do the above,

BTW, I didn't use heat gun and didn't use vise (nice to have) either.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top