Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:41:00 PM EST
I know this has probably been asked a million times on here or I am just an idiot but,the ar15 is new to me.I am trying to figure out how to identify brands,twist or any other helpful info on identification of ar15 uppers.I asked this question in the chat room but the only response i got was that bushmaster uppers have a symbol on them that looks like a keyhole.I dont know if its true but thats what someone said in the chat room.Any info would be very helpful.Thank You
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:42:05 AM EST
While not complete and updated here's a few: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:42:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:34:33 AM EST
even though not complete this is a very informative list.Thank you.Can anyone tell me anything else that might help?any markings on uppers that are brand specific?Is it true that bushmasters have the keyhole marking?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:59:37 AM EST
The Keyhole marking is the raw forging identification mark used by Cerro Fabricated Products... Cerro Fabricated Products is the company that forged the receiver, not the company that turned the forging into the finished product... To be able to identify who actually finished the receiver (milled and anodized it) there would have to be another identification mark other than the forging mark...
Top Top