Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 11:37:08 AM EDT
I just ordered a short FF RAS and got a *great* deal (let me know if you want a RAS, I will give you the vendors email).  I haven't received my RAS yet.  I have recently read about the fake RAS units that have been manufactured for airsoft use.  They supposedly have manufactured these things extremely well so that the untrained eye cannot tell they are not authentic (all the way down to the font on the packaging).  So, once I get my RAS unit, how can I tell if it is real?  I have no reason to question the vendors honesty, there have been other AR15.com members who report good things about him-I am just curious.

ANY tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Dan

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.quarterbore.com[/url]

Look at this site, Quarterbore has some very informative articles on KAC RAS system.

Besides, when your FF RAS won't fit your AR, then you know you been had.  The AIR Soft FF RAS will not fit a real AR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that quarterbore page is great, I read it many times while deciding which RAS to buy.  I don't have the proper tools to install the FF RAS so I will be sending it off to be installed--that is why I wanted to figure out the authenticity prior to the installer scratching his head and wondering why it won't fit.

Any small details that I can use to authenticate my RAS?

Thanks,
--Dan
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top