Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:54:55 AM EST
I was reading some posts about Model 1 Sales stuff.So far, I have'nt had any problems with the function of the upper.The trigger is a little stiff and will probably put in lighter springs to take care of htat.How can I tell if the barrel can handle a 5.56 round.The rep. said thier kits are sent out in 5.56 unlesss you request a .223.I ordered the 16" pre-ban CAR kit and seems to work good with the .223 but I was wanting to try some NATO 5.56 rounds but wanted to make sure the barrel can take the pressure.Any suggestions?Help?

Ken

The difference between indifference and ignorance is I dont know and I dont care.LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:00:55 AM EST
Peapole read to much into this. I shoot 5.56mm in my .223 all the time, no problem whatsoever. they'll tell you that you got a 5.56mm chamber if that is what you want to hear, but you'll never know the difference any ways. I suspect this is why M1S does not mark any of there barrels.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:55:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jimmy_Hoffa:
Peapole read to much into this. I shoot 5.56mm in my .223 all the time, no problem whatsoever.

+1. People make WAY to much fuss over this. I have done this many, many times.... but I will say you can get a higher percentage of popped primers from the increased pressure. That being said, if you KNOW you want a good quality, chrome lined, 5.56 chamber.... thats what you should specifically order.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:57:42 AM EST
I called M1S after receiving one of their kits and asked this question about my barrel. The guy on the phone told me the opposite. You get a .223 barrel UNLESS you specify 5.56mm. I had not specified either way. He looked up my order and saw that I had specified a chrome lined barrel. He told me that all chrome barrels had a 5.56mm chamber.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:36:35 AM EST
I called when I ordered a barrel form them and the guy onthe phone said that is was a 5.56mm chamber UNLESS you request a .223 chamber.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:50:22 AM EST
You'll find that M1S often has no f'ing idea what they're talking about, and you'll get two different - and completely contradictory - answers from them.

Try asking what steel their barrels are made from. :)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:08:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By macros73:
You'll find that M1S often has no f'ing idea what they're talking about, and you'll get two different - and completely contradictory - answers from them.

Try asking what steel their barrels are made from. :)

You know, its not nice to confuse the ignorant
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:11:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Originally Posted By Jimmy_Hoffa:
Peapole read to much into this. I shoot 5.56mm in my .223 all the time, no problem whatsoever.

+1. People make WAY to much fuss over this. I have done this many, many times.... but I will say you can get a higher percentage of popped primers from the increased pressure. That being said, if you KNOW you want a good quality, chrome lined, 5.56 chamber.... thats what you should specifically order.

+1 for that. I have shot literally thousands of 5.56 through a .223- 0 problems.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:57:47 AM EST
My colt match target MT6601 barrel says 5.56 nato and the owners manual says it's chanbered in .223
Top Top