Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/11/2006 4:21:04 PM EST
I want to remove my stock with a special tool?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:22:22 PM EST
Wrap it with a rag and use a channel lock type pliers. Just be very careful or else you will leave marks on it. Ideally you could use a strap wrench if you don't have the castle nut wrench.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:22:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 4:22:55 PM EST by metroplex]
Do you have the one with the square notches? Use a brass punch and tap it loose. It loosens by rotating it counter clockwise when looking at it from the butt of your stock (barrel pointed away from your face).
It tightens the opposite way.

ETA: The strap wrench is a safer way to go. I would just get the ProMag tool. It's cheap but it works fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:54:45 PM EST
Strap wrench would work

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:00:31 AM EST
They pretty much covered it all. If you're feeling daring you can use a screw, a hammer and gentle pressure.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:20:33 PM EST
Job done, thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:33:15 PM EST
Can't recommend the Channel Lock way. Too much crushing pressure is brought to bear.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:36:23 PM EST
I used a hammer and a hatchet....kinda f'ed up the nut, but it still works....oh well....just balance the blade of the hatchet on the square notch and swing at it with the hammer....oh yeah- be careful (fingers can get in the way, so don't miss
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:38:25 PM EST
Just get a armorers wrench. Your gonna need it eventually.
Top Top