Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 5:39:16 PM EDT
I have a stripped pistol lower and I was thinking of doing a pistol build.  Do you recommend the Model 1 buffer tube and uppers.  What do I need to know about any tricks inference to cycling.  I have only built AR rifles with 16" barrels.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:18:51 PM EDT
SPIKES TACTICAL buffer tube and h2 buffer :) thats whats in mine and it runs like a top
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2011 7:54:25 PM EDT by RandyStacyE]
I have 2 Model1Sales pistols and both run like a champ!

My 1st one is a 7.5" pistol and it has always shot great! It had a LOT of side concussion, which is expected due to such a short barrel, so I bought a Spike's Tactical S.T.A.B. which is an improved design of the Noveski KX3.

The 2nd pistol is a 10"-11" I do not remember which, but I use it with a suppressor. It runs great too. If you buy from a reputable & reliable short upper manufacturer then you shouldn't need to worry about any tricks to make them cycle. I'm no expert, but I do know that mine have not had any problems.

By the way, when you buy a Model1Sales Pistol fully assembled upper it comes with the buffer tube, buffer, spring, lower parts kit, grip, etc... All you need is a stripped lower and you're all set. Model1Sales is committed to making you happy. If you have a problem they make it right.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:12:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2011 5:17:20 PM EDT by Southrnshooter]
Spikes Tactical 10.5 upper from AIM with ST-T2 buffer.  Spikes lower from AIM.  MOE parts kit from Palmetto State Armory and Rock River Pistol tube.  Not a single malfunction yet.    I don't have any experience with Model 1 stuff. The only cycling issues I have heard of usually dealt with shorter barrels.  And then the trick was to get the buffer weights right.  This is my first and only AR pistol and I think this combination is great.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:20:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By the1337aaron:
SPIKES TACTICAL buffer tube and h2 buffer :) thats whats in mine and it runs like a top

This is what I use with my 7.5"

Top Top