Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2011 5:39:16 PM EDT
I have a stripped pistol lower and I was thinking of doing a pistol build.  Do you recommend the Model 1 buffer tube and uppers.  What do I need to know about any tricks inference to cycling.  I have only built AR rifles with 16" barrels.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
SPIKES TACTICAL buffer tube and h2 buffer :) thats whats in mine and it runs like a top
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 Model1Sales pistols and both run like a champ!

My 1st one is a 7.5" pistol and it has always shot great! It had a LOT of side concussion, which is expected due to such a short barrel, so I bought a Spike's Tactical S.T.A.B. which is an improved design of the Noveski KX3.

The 2nd pistol is a 10"-11" I do not remember which, but I use it with a suppressor. It runs great too. If you buy from a reputable & reliable short upper manufacturer then you shouldn't need to worry about any tricks to make them cycle. I'm no expert, but I do know that mine have not had any problems.

By the way, when you buy a Model1Sales Pistol fully assembled upper it comes with the buffer tube, buffer, spring, lower parts kit, grip, etc... All you need is a stripped lower and you're all set. Model1Sales is committed to making you happy. If you have a problem they make it right.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Spikes Tactical 10.5 upper from AIM with ST-T2 buffer.  Spikes lower from AIM.  MOE parts kit from Palmetto State Armory and Rock River Pistol tube.  Not a single malfunction yet.    I don't have any experience with Model 1 stuff. The only cycling issues I have heard of usually dealt with shorter barrels.  And then the trick was to get the buffer weights right.  This is my first and only AR pistol and I think this combination is great.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SPIKES TACTICAL buffer tube and h2 buffer :) thats whats in mine and it runs like a top

This is what I use with my 7.5"

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top