Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2002 9:08:35 AM EDT
. . . I see advertised here.  5/$110 each.  I assume they are forged, but

(1)  Are the mag wells lose or tight?
(2)  How black are they?
(3)  Any problems with assembley or function?

How do they compare to the other cheap lowers (RRA, DPMS, etc.)?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Why didn't I ask this before?
Good question.
BTT
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The Eagle/ Armalite lowers are excellant quality, I assembled a SPR rifle on one. they are JET BLACK
very Tight, so tight on my SPR Armalite upper BTW I can not fit an Accu-wedge in mine!, I had to clean up some of the finish to get parts to run smooth but no metal had to be removed.
As for the mag well they are tight and well suited for a precision rifle. Not as quick as a looser mag well but very nice. I prefer them tighter anyway. once some of the finish wore off it is perfect. BTW the lowers are stamped
Eagle Arms
By: Armalite corp.  now they didnt used to say that. they look as good as my Armalite lower, but a bit more black.
cp
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#3]

I bought two a few years ago (not from the ad). I used one to build my CMP match Service Rifle. I'd say they are the nicest stripped lowers going.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I put together an AR-10 earlier this year. I used an Eagle Arms lower with an ArmaLite upper. Fit was tight, so tight in fact that I had to tap a block of wood with a hammer to ease the pivot pin in. The is NO difference between the finishes on ArmaLite and Eagle Arms rifles, as they are made on the same line. My two halves match up EXACTLY. I'd recommend one to you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I rank Eagle arms lower on par with Bushmaster and Colt.  excellent piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Respectfully I have to dissagree with SMGLee
My Bushy finish is good but not as slick as the Eagle and the mag well in my Eagle is much tighter. Bushys are great but Eagle is superior.
I dont know how a Colt can even be compared to the other two. As far as Im concerned current Colt production does not allow use of STANDARD Miltary replacement parts which makes it useless for anything more than competition or a novelty. Unless you want to plop down big bucks for a Pre-ban stay away from them. BTW While shooting with the Army Reserve Marksmanship Training unit (rifle team) from 1992-1998 our armorers would not even look sideways at a Colt to build a match rifle because of imcompatability of common parts. (side bar)
SMGLEE sorry to disagree  with you , you are one of the most Knowledgeable people on here in my opinion and I mean no disrespect.
cp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top