Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2004 6:28:09 AM EDT
I was loking at a few Bushy barrels but than I came across Model 1 Sales.  I want to put together an A2 20" AR. There prices on complete upper receivers are tempting but how good is the quality.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
i have an m-a parts, bushmaster and rock river uppers and for the money rock river has the best fit/finish of them all. price was right there with jt, m1, and m-a. i paid $350 for a 24" rra upper less bolt/carrier.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Model1 A2 16" Hbar upper about a year ago.
Looks good - runs fine - great basic all purpose upper -
cost me $375 complete
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]

You really can't compare Bushmaster to Model 1 Sales.  Bushmaster like Colt, is a top-tier manufacturer.  Model 1 is simply a repackager/reseller of components and parts of in some cases unknown origin... There's only a $40 dollar difference between the M1S 20" HBAR 5.56 chrome lined and the Bushmaster... Your ultimate choice, but in some things, you do get what you pay for...

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You really can't compare Bushmaster to Model 1 Sales.  Bushmaster like Colt, is a top-tier manufacturer.  Model 1 is simply a repackager/reseller of components and parts of in some cases unknown origin...

What is the "origin" of Bushmaster parts ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
my M1S uppers are fine
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I mated a Bushmaster 16" SuperLight to a Model 1 A2 Upper receiver.  Fit, finish, accuracy, everything-perfect.  I was very surprised and pleased.  
Mr. 266
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Take Alook at M&A parts just got a 16 car upper in 4 days, fit and finsh are great
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You really can't compare Bushmaster to Model 1 Sales.  Bushmaster like Colt, is a top-tier manufacturer.  Model 1 is simply a repackager/reseller of components and parts of in some cases unknown origin...

Bushmaster is a manufacturer.  They make their parts.  Model 1 is a reseller.  They buy wherever they can or wherever they can make the most money.  Their parts are shit compared to Armalite Bushmaster or Colt.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bushmaster is a manufacturer.  They make their parts.  Model 1 is a reseller.  They buy wherever they can or wherever they can make the most money.  Their parts are shit compared to Armalite Bushmaster or Colt.

Bushmaster is a manufacturer as defined by the BATF, but I really doubt BM is running a extruder to make charging handles, injection mold to run plastics, a lathe to make bolt carriers or whatever . . .
I look at BM as a Retailer, LMT or CMT are manufacturers.
I would not debate you on the QC of their parts vs other . . . I have no idea ?
My guess is if you called up [pick your brand name] and offered them triggers for 10% under what they are paying now, you would have a deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top