Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2004 5:28:09 AM EST
I was loking at a few Bushy barrels but than I came across Model 1 Sales. I want to put together an A2 20" AR. There prices on complete upper receivers are tempting but how good is the quality.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:40:09 AM EST
i have an m-a parts, bushmaster and rock river uppers and for the money rock river has the best fit/finish of them all. price was right there with jt, m1, and m-a. i paid $350 for a 24" rra upper less bolt/carrier.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:52:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:56:15 AM EST by AKsRule]
I bought a Model1 A2 16" Hbar upper about a year ago.
Looks good - runs fine - great basic all purpose upper -
cost me $375 complete
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:58:06 AM EST

You really can't compare Bushmaster to Model 1 Sales. Bushmaster like Colt, is a top-tier manufacturer. Model 1 is simply a repackager/reseller of components and parts of in some cases unknown origin... There's only a $40 dollar difference between the M1S 20" HBAR 5.56 chrome lined and the Bushmaster... Your ultimate choice, but in some things, you do get what you pay for...

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:43:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By DarkStar:
You really can't compare Bushmaster to Model 1 Sales. Bushmaster like Colt, is a top-tier manufacturer. Model 1 is simply a repackager/reseller of components and parts of in some cases unknown origin...

What is the "origin" of Bushmaster parts ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:00:28 AM EST
my M1S uppers are fine
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:37:04 AM EST
I mated a Bushmaster 16" SuperLight to a Model 1 A2 Upper receiver. Fit, finish, accuracy, everything-perfect. I was very surprised and pleased.
Mr. 266
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:04:12 PM EST
Take Alook at M&A parts just got a 16 car upper in 4 days, fit and finsh are great
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:10:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By TKD-Denny:

You really can't compare Bushmaster to Model 1 Sales. Bushmaster like Colt, is a top-tier manufacturer. Model 1 is simply a repackager/reseller of components and parts of in some cases unknown origin...

Bushmaster is a manufacturer. They make their parts. Model 1 is a reseller. They buy wherever they can or wherever they can make the most money. Their parts are shit compared to Armalite Bushmaster or Colt.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:52:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:

Originally Posted By TKD-Denny:

Bushmaster is a manufacturer. They make their parts. Model 1 is a reseller. They buy wherever they can or wherever they can make the most money. Their parts are shit compared to Armalite Bushmaster or Colt.

Bushmaster is a manufacturer as defined by the BATF, but I really doubt BM is running a extruder to make charging handles, injection mold to run plastics, a lathe to make bolt carriers or whatever . . .
I look at BM as a Retailer, LMT or CMT are manufacturers.
I would not debate you on the QC of their parts vs other . . . I have no idea ?
My guess is if you called up [pick your brand name] and offered them triggers for 10% under what they are paying now, you would have a deal.
Top Top