Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 9:36:53 AM EDT
the Ak muzzle brakes compared to the mini Y comp? is it as loud? just as good if but quieter? thank you
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there....

some reason you can't put more than two words in a topic title so people know what they're opening?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Those that have the AK brakes seem to like them, and they are not near as loud.
In reality a break will not have that much effect on a semi auto only rifle, most brakes are really only used to control recoil in large caliber weapons, and muzzle rise in autos.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
hey eswanson dont post when i ask a question unless u have an answer u arrogant prick.to everyone else thanks for your replies
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice attitude.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]
while ironclad put it rather rudely, i agree with his point, there a lot of people who post on topics that fail to address the question being asked, or simply says something like "dont" or "why the hell would you want to do that" instead of offering an answer. This pisses me off too and i think that was what he was getting at, rather rudely though.

anyways, the AK is not nearly as loud IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I with all due respect.

I have to agree with eswanson.
It should be a common courtesy to post a more descriptive topic.

It is frustrating to sift through topics like.

How are...

Why....

WTF?????.....

I have a question.....

See our point?

He was only offering a suggestion, certainly was not being a prick, IMO.

In response to your question. I haven't shot a mini Y but the AK brakes are loud too compared to a plain barrel. I would say there would be little discernable difference (loud is loud). I don't mind the look of the plain barrel (on a postban) and I wouldn't mess with a comp on an AR15. My personal preference is preban with flash hider or plain postban.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't want to get into the pissing contest, but as far as the AK brake being louder than the miniy? I couldn't tell the difference in noise level. Both were as loud as hell. But the AK brake I thought was more effective at stopping muzzle rise. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In response to your question. I haven't shot a mini Y but the AK brakes are loud too compared to a plain barrel. I would say there would be little discernable difference (loud is loud). I don't mind the look of the plain barrel (on a postban) and I wouldn't mess with a comp on an AR15. My personal preference is preban with flash hider or plain postban.
View Quote

Fire a Mini Y then edit your post.[:D]  The Mini Y is louder and you will feel it more that the AK brake (well the people next to you will feel it more).  It is a better brake, but the AK brake is an exellent brake.  If you really want to part your neighbors hair, try a Smith Compensator.  To me it's the best brake I have ever seen/fired, but it makes the Mini Y seem quiet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top