Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 2:52:03 PM EST
I want to know if anyone has experience with UTG rails. I saw them on AIM's site, the price is low,how is the quality?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:50:10 AM EST
The quality matches the price.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:38:53 AM EST
Kyoshi,

What problems have you had with the UTG rails? I've heard good reports about them, and am curious about what you've seen wrong with them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:19:14 PM EST
Samson has a nice non-FF that is very well made. The carbine length retails for $180 and it's nicely machined of aluminum. It looks much better than the UTG.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:13:06 PM EST
I have one on my Stag and it has held up pretty well. This was my first rail so I went with a cheap one to see if I would actually like and use it. I had a YHM 12'' free float come in today for a Recce build. It is twice as nice as the UTG. But for the money the UTG is a good deal, plus it come with rail covers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:55:34 PM EST
UTG works fine for my SBR. It's not a name brand, it's made in Tawain. It doesn't cost near as much as others. It locks up tight. For a starter it's fine, actually a hell of a lot better than the Fobus or whoever is making that hunk of crap now. I run a vert grip and TLR 2 on it. Never had a problem getting anything to fit. Never broke or bent any part of it. And I use it on my duty weapon with the ERT.
Flame On
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:19:34 PM EST
I had one on my rifle before i went with the surefire m-73.The sure fire is awesome but the UTG wasnt bad either.It doesnt look near as nice as the surefire,the rail covers that come with it arent to great but for the price its a awesome deal.I got mine off ebay for like $50 shipping and all.It locks up solid,its top rail is spot on in alligntment with the rail on the reciever and it never got loose or moved on me while it was on the rifle.If your on a budget its the way to go.Im glad I bought the surefire but i have to be honest,i mainly bought it because it looks so awesome on the rifle.I dont think youll go wrong with the UTG if your not as worried about looks and all,with diffrent rail covers it actually looks pretty good.

As a side note i saw a picatinny rail on a website called veriforce tactical that looked really good and it was very cheap on price.It looked like it mounted just like the factory handguards do and could be removed with no tools what so ever.I thought it might even be a Yankee hill but not sure.It was around $100 and came in dark earth,green or black.If you decide against the UTG check that one out it may be a route to go for alot less that a surefire,etc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:55:54 PM EST
I just bought one several weeks ago. It is fairly solid. You can overtighten the screws and rip the threads out of the hole so be careful.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:13:15 PM EST
I bought a set a few months ago and they are very sturdy. they also come with 12 press on rail covers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:11:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By KYOSHI:

Out of spec rails mostly. But for a range gun they should be fine.

I read this often but mine lined up with my flat top and all accessories I've tried fit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:21:36 PM EST
Buy them you will not be disapointed they are very nice and solid.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:55:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By shadowcop:

Out of spec rails mostly. But for a range gun they should be fine.

I read this often but mine lined up with my flat top and all accessories I've tried fit.

Im a dealer and use to sell some UTG items but no longer because of returns.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:24:18 PM EST
But did you sell the Quad Rails? I'm not saying all Leapers stuff is good. I've used the AR Quad Rail and the AK Quad Rails with absolutely no problems. A lot of their optics are for shit and I've had a couple other items I wouldn't use on anything serious. But the Quad Rails have been good.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:54:32 PM EST
I sold their rails and except for some out of spec rails they are fine. For range use they are fine. I wouldnt put them on a SHTF weapon but for casual use they are ok.
Top Top