Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/14/2002 9:34:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/15/2002 2:27:58 PM EST by Chevytuff19]
Do the Sterling 40 rounders say AR15/AR180 on them? If not, which brand does?

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:56:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:52:29 AM EST
Which ones say "AR-15/AR180" on them then?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:42:01 PM EST
None I have seen say AR15/AR180. Only indication is the cutout for both mag retainers. Mine are all marked as Troy indicates.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:17:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By Arock:
Mine are all marked as Troy indicates.

Link Posted: 11/16/2002 7:13:02 AM EST
Cheveytuff19 I would venture to say that the 40rd mag you described is a USA mag. When USA did mark the floorplates of their mags it was usually with the rifle model number, example "AR15 223 or 5.56" on a 30rd mag. This marking might lead the less experienced to believe that the mag was a USGI contract mag. I had a 40rd mag that was sold to me as being a PMI mag, the USA mag wouldn't even fit in the mag well let alone feed or function, a piece of junk as most of the USA mags are. The only reliable 40rd mags for the AR15 and AR18/AR180 are the Sterling and PMI mags. Both fit and function in my AR180 rifles without a hitch.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 7:13:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:41:55 PM EST
The STERLINGS have the sterling/england floor plate and while expensive, are the finest 40rd mags ever produced to fit both the AR-15 and AR-180 series rifles. The "PRIDE" of the IRA !
Top Top