Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 4:25:35 AM EDT
Is there a way to measure if a front sight is canted?

I have an upper that I can't decide if it is canted or not.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you can't decide if it's canted or not, and it zeros okay... go enjoy a nice cold one and try not worry about it ;)

I don't think I've had a USGI upper in the last five years that didn't have a canted fsb.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the canted bases that I have seen have been due to the keyway in the upper being off. I have one that cants to the right. And I had to move the rear sight pretty far to the right, but it works fine and I've got an Aimpoint T-1 on it anyhow. Maybe someday I'll swap out the upper, but that means I have to rezero it and all that jazz, so it;s staying for now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Very common and very easy to fix....if you are so inclined.

Just remove a TINY amount of material on the opposite sidew of the keyway in the upper until it lines up.

But, as has been stated.....it's not a problem even without optics.

I used to fix them but now I just leave them alone.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top