Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:55:28 AM EDT
Have someone wanting to sell me a brand new 7.62x39 A3 Flat Top w/ carry handle and A2 flash. Comes complete with BCG and charge handle. Asking 450. Should I ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy it at that price. Bushmaster uppers are good quality, and you'd spend about $100 more buying this upper from any of the big online/catalog distributors. I just checked Midway's site and they're charging $550 for the upper you described without the charging handle. Jump on it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a post on here about a week ago where a dude with one (7.62x39) was getting great groups with his.

I have at least 6 Bushys at the moment and have owned others. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is brand new I would do that. I have been thinking about getting one myself... It would make a nice hunting carbine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd try to talk them down to 400.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked one up from budsgunshop.com a couple of weeks ago for $515 shipped.  It's $500 if you pay via check and wait for it to clear however I have little patience and would rather have it sooner than later if it's only a nominal amount.  The upper is now sitting on a Stag lower and feeds Steel Case (other than Wolf black box) very well.  I did have some issues with the mag it came with and ordered 5 CProducts 30 rounders from 44mag and have not had issues since.  Accuracy is very good with steel case russion ammo.  I fired 220 rounds of Wolf MC JHP last weekend with no issues.  If it has been fired show him this and start at $400 were you stated and you may meet in the middle.  I also ordered a Model 1 enhanced firing pin to test he black box but have not had a chance to try it out yet.  This may help you get him to $400 if he has fired it:  http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/62253
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bushmaster Varminter. At first I thought the accuracy was sub-par so I called their customer service for some advice.
They insisted that I send it back. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but they said they wanted me to be totally happy.
So I sent it in. They shot and sent me back the targets and I said that wasn't what I was getting. So then they insisted on
rebarreling the upper. It shoots great. In all I have never had a problem with any of my many, and I mean many, Bushmasters.

IMHO, they went WAY out of their way to make me happy. I had a goof with a parts order, I got a complete lower kit when I only
wanted a smaller parts kit. They refunded the difference, told me to keep the LPK and sent me the correct item.

YMMV but mine didn't,
Bill
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
cant go wrong with BM. I have 4 of their uppers and have never had an issue. They shoot great!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd try to talk them down to 400.

yeah, offer him $400... at that price i'd go for it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Bushmaster superlight upper that runs like a champ.  Zero problems after 1500 rounds or so.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top