Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2003 4:39:07 AM EDT
I purchased an SP1 complete upper with the "green tint". I have been told the green tint is the result of storage in cosmoline?

If I was to coat my black lower in cosmoline, how long would it take to get the black to take on the green tint?

Or, am I off base on trying this??????  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it will work...I've bought 50 year old surplus rifles that have been literally dipped in cosmo to preserve them...the minute you get the cosmo off, the color of the metal hasn't changed.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the product you want if you need to match the "green tint"

link:
 http://www.molyresin.com/molyresin_about.asp
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
CB,

Bottom line is that you can't "tint" it once it is a finished unit.  You can refinish it with a paint, like the various Moly or GunKote finishes, but you can't tint the receiver now that it is already finished.

If you are interested in picking some up, Carrico over in the E&E section is having Mega upper & lowers done in a green.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top