Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:12:29 AM EDT
Hey everyone, I need some help with an ammo purchase for my AR15.  I am going to purchase a few cases of Hornady 75g .223 TAP but I have an option to purchase either the Red Box or the Black Box.  Which would be the better choice or does it even matter.  I am also going to purchase Hornady ammo for my AR10, same TAP line and again either the Red Box or the Black Box.  Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob      
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If you know a police officer who can order you ammo then yuo can get the red box for a lot less than the black box.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Im glad you picked the TAP75gr over the 77smk
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
HeyGuys,

Hopefully this ? is not off topic!
Did the search and couldn't find any $'s.  What is a fair price for 5.56 75gr TAP ammo, if you can get it from a police source?

thanks
Iso

Thanks for the info. guys>
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]

What is a fair price for 5.56 75gr TAP ammo, if you can get it from a police source?

About $110.00 delivered for a case of 200.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What is a fair price for 5.56 75gr TAP ammo, if you can get it from a police source?

About $110.00 delivered for a case of 200.

What about through online/retail channels?  I'm seeing $170/case of 200.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I think MAX to be fair is $140 plus shipping as that is what .223 TAP costs at retail.  More than that is a rip off IMO.  I have procured ammo for people for less than that in the past but it got to be too much of a hassle.  There was a retail ammo dealer who was selling it for $140 per 200 just a few months ago but is currently out of stock.  I still see it sell all the time in the EE for $150+

Make friends with an active duty military or LE and tip them or give them free ammo for ordering it for you.  The tough part is the weeks of waiting between production lines at Hornady.  Sometimes people are just too impatient to wait for a run and will pay through the nose for the stuff if they can get it in days instead of weeks.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top