Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:06:38 PM EDT
Anyone use Hoppe’s Elite products?  Any opinions?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I used it about halfway thru breaking in my barrel. I noticed that it took alot less time for the patch to come clean. But to be honest, i dont know if that means it cleaned faster of didn't clean as well. But i do know this for sure.... it doesnt stink as much as other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the stuff with the gold label? I bought some at Meijer and I thought it was weak Windex. I later learned its just a weaker version of M-Pro 7, which isn't very good.

I'm sticking with BF CLP for the PS90 as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
MPro 7 = hoppes elite in strength, from what I have herd.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had good luck using MPro-7.  I didn't know that Hoppes Elite is just a weaker form.  That's pretty stupid of Hoppes then.  Mpro-7 worked better for cleaning for me than CLP ever did.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Ever since I was 8 or so I had used Hoppes, but 2 or 3 years ago I discovered KleenBore, and it is way better than Hoppes in my opinion.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top