Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/20/2004 1:38:20 PM EDT

Is this legal, or is there other paperwork needed?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:16:41 PM EDT
I think a SOT is needed in order to build a NFA item.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:35:52 PM EDT
You can homebuild your own suppressor on a Form 1. You just have to wait for government approval before beginning the manufacturing process. No SOT is needed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:07:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FL-AR15:
I think a SOT is needed in order to build a NFA item.

An SOT is only needed if you are "engaged in the business" of dealing firearms. A suppressor for your personal use is not "engaged in the business".
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:31:51 PM EDT
Form 1 as long as cans are allowed in your state
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:16:25 PM EDT
it is allowed in texas, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:23:31 PM EDT
post this over in the Full Auto forum and you will get some good feedback on your question
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:02:32 AM EDT
Top Top