Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats pretty cool!
Cheap too....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Any weight in the bottom of those to keep the wind from turning it over with a target attached?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend made a cool metal target this weekend out of welded metal. You shoot it and it spins, or supposed to 'til I got a hold of it and shot the hinge. Actually, it didn't get a chance to spin since the hinge was the first part I shot .
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any weight in the bottom of those to keep the wind from turning it over with a target attached?

Yes I put sand in the bottom sections.It's all inch and a half pipe.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use something similar and wish I used 2" PVC to hold more weight!    I constantly have to weigh down the front legs to keep it from blowing over.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use something similar and wish I used 2" PVC to hold more weight!    I constantly have to weigh down the front legs to keep it from blowing over.

I think a sandbag would also work out good too.
Jack
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]
No need to hold it down with sandbags.  Just fill the inside of the pipe with sand or concrete.  Its a little more convenient.  If thatsnot enough, you could possibly alter the design by putting 45 degree elbows on the supports instead of coming off perpendicular to the main assembly.  So instead of the base looking like the letter "H" it would look more like a letter "X"
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Slick!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top