Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2002 4:56:17 PM EDT
Got my 1 1/2" and 1" nylon with various attachments and accourtraments.  Now, where do i find plans to make my own tactical sling?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure where I found it, but I got the plans off the net by searching the archives here.  I made mine with para cord looping one piece over the front sight and the other over the stock with a loop on top of it, then hooked the USGI sling to it.  Simple and cheap, and it work.  just my .02
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am looking to buy some 1 1/2 inch nylon and attachments.  Where did you get yours, or can I buy some?  

(Modifing an existing sling)
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Best place to get materials is Seattle Fabrics.  I have been making my own slings and selling some for awhile.  E-mail me for some close up picks on how to make your own.  I use all 1 1/4 inch webbing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the side sling holder.  I got the nylon from a local mountain climber shop.  Selection wasn't great, you would probably be best off ordering some.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got my 1 1/2" and 1" nylon with various attachments and accourtraments.  Now, where do i find plans to make my own tactical sling?
Thanks
View Quote

Where you find plans to make all kinds of other near AR-15 stuff at [url]http://www.MD-AR15.com[/url].  Look in the [b]How-To Projects[/b] section.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
this sounds cool. right now im in the process of making a homemade mag cinch.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been getting my sling straps and parts from www.strapworks.com.  They have a good variety of webbing in different strengths, widths and colors (khaki, brown, olive drab etc) and they carry all the loops buckles etc in black or even white if you want to camo them yourself.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top