Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:10:04 AM EDT
Does anyone have a Holosun micro dot?  If so, could you please tell me the model and OAL.  I've searched all over for the specs and have found conflicting numbers.

Thanks......
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
503c about 2 inches

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
403B, 2-7/16" OAL and a total piece of junk.

ETA:  Just pulled the thing out of the safe, and realized that I screwed up the part number...  403B, not 503B.  My bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
503B, 2-7/16" OAL and a total piece of junk.
View Quote

Not Sure of the difference between the 503b and C but I really like my C
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the 503C.  I keep it on SOLAR#2 setting and it rocks.  Can't wait to see if it's as sturdy as other PA stuff (it's made by the same company that makes PA stuff).
Assuming it holds up for a few years, I'd say it's a best buy--and I hope Aimpoint and Trijicon and others learn from them how to put better reticles (than dots) and solar panels on their own sights.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying this again...

I don't know the difference either.  

The B came with low and high mounts.  The low mount didn't line up with the screw holes on the sight.  I've also had trouble with the sight shutting down, going dim, doing bright and not holding zero.  I've got it mounted on a Charger, so recoil is not the issue.

I notified Holosun and CYA Guns & Ammo.  Both went radio silent.

I'd not buy another Holosun, or probably buy from CYA.  My opinion and experience.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Trying this again...

The B came with low and high mounts.  The low mount didn't line up with the screw holes on the sight.  I've also had trouble with the sight shutting down, going dim, doing bright and not holding zero.  I've got it mounted on a Charger, so recoil is not the issue.

I'd not buy another Holosun, or probably buy from CYA.  My opinion and experience.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying this again...

Wow! I had issues with my 503c (windage turret was not solid and slightly pulled when cap tightened) but contacted PA (who I purchased from). They contacted HS and HS got back to me within 2 days with an immediate RMA, prepaid return shipping, and new unit was already on it's way (and I received within 5 days of their email)! Maybe PA had more pull in the request? Don't know, but my CS experience with both PA and HS was nothing short of stellar.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wow! I had issues with my 503c (windage turret was not solid and slightly pulled when cap tightened) but contacted PA (who I purchased from). They contacted HS and HS got back to me within 2 days with an immediate RMA, prepaid return shipping, and new unit was already on it's way (and I received within 5 days of their email)! Maybe PA had more pull in the request? Don't know, but my CS experience with both PA and HS was nothing short of stellar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trying this again...

Yeah...  pretty disappointing.  It was my first Holosun, recommended by the guys at CYA on my first visit to their shop, during which I also bought the Charger.  Probably what I deserve for buying a sight I'd never heard of or researched before I walked into the store.  Bunch of us went plinking about 3 months after I bought it.  Everyone thought it was cool till the sight turned off during the first mag through the gun.  Kept happening.  Kind of embarrassing to be showing off a new toy that breaks.   After I had problems, I read about a few other complaints.  I think one of them was even on here.  Don't recall for certain.  Hopefully the 503C is an improvement.  I'll never personally know.  

I emailed both CYA and HS three times (each).  When I finally called the gun shop, I got put on hold then disconnected.  I wasn't even mad until I got disconnected.  Just figured I'd gotten a defective one and they'd take care of me.  Boy was I wrong.  Since I was pretty steamed at that point, I decided to call back when I wasn't steamed.  Never does any good to yell at people.  But as time progressed and I still didn't get any replies to my emails I figured why bother.  It was pretty clear how I was going to get treated.   I guess repeat business isn't something either of them need.  At least I didn't buy two of the sights like I thought about doing.  

Probably wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't seen the thread in Newest Topics - a tab I almost never click.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Another good reason to purchase from Primary Arms
They will take good care of you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Well everything on my 503 is solid  and working correctly so I'm happy.  I also bought from primaryarms.com    I try to buy everythithing I can from them
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my 403A direct from Holosun last year and have been running it on a Ak pistol since.. no issues!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have nothing against Primary Arms and have heard nothing but good things about them.  I just try to support the local guns shops.  Unfortunately an impulse buy bit me in the butt.  It happens.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top