Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2004 2:29:11 PM EDT
I can't find a thread with this question. Is there a difference between the Bushnell Holosight and the Eotech? Similar model comparison, I know that the Eotech is available in more model configurations, ie batteries and NV.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The Holosight lacks the protective hood that comes on the Eotech, making it "light" duty.  I have one, it's a great sight, and as long as you don't plan on abusing it, you should be fine.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all your help. I can see the protective hood in the prodcts pictures I've found online, wouldn't have noticed the difference if you hadn't pointed it out to me. I checked at the Bushnell outlet store yesterday, Bushnell holosights are $174.95!!! I believe all they had were "N" models. Don't think I can go wrong at that price.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike,
Bushnell has a factory outlet store in Overland Park, Kansas. Their corporate American headquarters are Overland Park, Kansas. The outlet store is located about a mile from HQ. They offer Serengeti & Bolle sunglasses, as well as the complete line of Bushnell products, night vision, telescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, rifle scopes, and the Holosight. I can get you the exact address and telephone number if you want. I'll stop in there tomorrow, 12AUG04, to look at the Holosight again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I just moved to that area (Leavenworth).  Can you please post the address for the outlet store?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Rage6 & Mike, Sorry for the delay, it's a real pity that I can't find time to look at firearms equipment. I should have time tomorrow, 19AUG04, to investigate. I will report my findings tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks.  I found it in the phone book.  I don't have the phone number here at work, but I plan on doing a recon hug.gif on Friday (tomorrow).  I'll post any relevant info that I can get.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Public apology and original posting clarification:
The Bushnell Holosights I saw at the Bushnell Factory outlet store were demos. They were priced at $174.95, same lifetime warranty, and were in absolutely new condition. These demos are now temporarily out of stock, the staff there was unable to confirm when more demos would be available.  You can email Chris Rush, store supervisor, at  [email protected]. He would possibly be able to notify you when more demos were available.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top