Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2006 9:58:40 AM EDT
Occasionally a HP will jam against the ramp resulting in bullet setback. Poly tips have never jammed. Checked the receiver to ramp fit. Appears to be perfect with no discernable edge. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the additional reasons folks run M4 feed ramped upper.....

Your rifle probably looks like the left picture above, M4 feed ramped upper on the right, which tends to handle non-standard rounds better.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I had problems with a build that would not feed HP's, and it was because the extension on my barrel was a regular extension, and the upper was an M4.  It fed regular ammo just fine, but choked on the HP ammo.  It took a bit of dremeling to get it right.  

Any little bit of lip between the extension and the upper may cause problems with HP ammo even if it isn't readily discernible.  That 45gr WWB stuff will find and grab any thing in the way.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ideas. I'll be working on the mag tilt.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top