Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 10:36:13 AM EDT

Anyone have any experience with these? Is there a swivel stud for a biopd?

It is only $64 at Midway www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=112320
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe it has a swivel stud, but could this be used on this handguard?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one for a while on my son's Colt H-Bar but we really did not care for it all that much.  I just D&T the forend and screwed a sling stud into it.  The metal is thick enough that it worked just fine.  Still, something about it never really tripped our triggers and we went back to the standard rifle handguards on the Colt.  On other rifles I use various DD forends.  I like them much better and they look a LOT better.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one, no holes anywhere. I drilled and tapped holes on the side for sling mounting. It is also a little heavy, and with sustained firing, you can smell the rubber heating up! Not burning really, but is smelled! Nice to hold on to with the rubber, but how I use std. handguards and wear gloves.

Dr.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input. A railed handgurd is a little out of my price range. I am looking for a free float handgaurd to put onto a 20" HBAR around $100 or less.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#5]
For a lightweight free-float railed handguard that is close to your price range, take a look at the olympic arms FIRSH.

www.olyarms.com/?page=m3_FIRSH

They are pretty solid and will vent the barrel better.  I have one on a carbine, and while it is no Daniel Defense, I still like it.  I had one of the hogue's, and it's ok, but I ended up replacing it with the FIRSH.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't really want a railed handguard, any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.jprifles.com/FreeFloatTubeSystem.php
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.jprifles.com/FreeFloatTubeSystem.php

Very nice! Wish it wasn't three times the cost but it does appear to be three times the product. Guess I need to save up a little mad money
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#9]
The Hogue gets too friggen hot when your having fun and starts to feel gummy.
I got the composite tube from RB Precision and I like it lot's better.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
For around $55 you can get a DPMS which is the best plain freefloat handguard I have tried.

Here are some other options:

http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/forearms.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top