Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 6:12:32 PM EST
I recently built my newest rifle using a Stag Model 6 upper with the Hogue overmold tube. I really like the rubber overmold but i need some rail attachments and was wondering about say drilling holes in the proper place and getting some troy quick attach rails or something along those lines to keep the overmolded tube but still have the rail attachements?Would it work? Any suggestions or has someone already tried it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:33:29 PM EST
I think was a recent post about someone wanting (me!) to attach a bipod and the thread started to discuss mounting a rail. The short story is that you may tear through or deform the tube unless you provide some heavier backing material.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:34:54 PM EST
Hogue makes a "collar" style attachment for their tubes which has rail on 3 sides and a sling swivel stud on the bottom.
I have a few and they work well.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:42:12 PM EST
I really like to see a pic of that on a tube on an AR.

Any chance of you posting some pics!
Top Top