Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/1/2002 12:23:22 PM EDT
Well let's see.......I have numerous RRA AR's and decided a little test was in order.

I took the littlest one I have (16" M4 chrome linedbarrel out to the range today. I also brought along some of the crappiest ammo I had on hand(Norinco and Wolf that I got in previous deals), also had some South African, and set up a target at 100 yards.

A little range info. Outside temp was about 25 degrees, wind was gusting and swirling at about 15-20 MPH. Targets used were official 100yd site in targets (the ones with a little box in each corner and a diamond shape in the center). Shooting from a wooden table with a wooden front rest ramp that is covered with carpet. I am seated on a wooden bench.

OK, so I am set up.

Open sights, no scope allowed. 1 shot to see were it goes. NO adjustments allowed.

Three seperate targets set up this way.

5 round RAPID (as rapidly as I could get a clean sight picture)fire groups. 5 sets of 5 shots with each ammo.

Every single shot for scoring was within a size no larger than the human heart. Each 5 round group was at most 2 1/2".

We are talking about 25 rounds of Wolf, 25 rounds of Norinco, and 25 rounds of S.A.

ALL 75 rounds (seperate targets for each ammo)were within the aformentioned heart size group.

Was I pleased?.....SHIT YEAH!!

When it gets a little warmer and less windy out, I will slow fire the same ammo and see what if any difference it makes.

PS- Not a single misfire, FTF, or any other problems. Oh, the Wolf is ALOT louder than the others too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:21:14 PM EDT
That's awsome!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:41:31 PM EDT
If you have the opportunity, take a multi day class with your rifle. Thats always a pretty good test. I just took a 3 day class with my Bushmaster M4. 3 days, about 1000 rounds, lots of sand and dirt and all kinds fo shooting later, all without ever cleaning it, it ran like a champ. Pretty long class review here; [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=13&t=157065[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:04:02 PM EDT
Oh, the Wolf is ALOT louder than the others too.
View Quote
CLEAN OUT YOUR GAS TUBE. CLEAN OUT YOUR GAS TUBE. CLEAN OUT YOUR GAS TUBE. GET A CHAMBER BRUSH AND ROTO-ROOT IT OUT. AIR-BLOW OUT YOUR LOWER. WATCH THE CLOUD OF RED CRYSTAL/LAQUER FLY.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:42:40 PM EDT
Mug, Pretty funny! I do a THOROUGH cleaning of my firearms after every use, no matter what ammo I used. That Wolf is absolute crap. I just used it 'cause it was free, and I wanted to see what it would do. Oh, and did I mention it stinks too[:)]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:10:16 PM EDT
The more I find about that Wolf ammo the worse it sounds.. Why would anybody buy it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:34:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JonK: The more I find about that Wolf ammo the worse it sounds.. Why would anybody buy it?
View Quote
Because, at most any gun show, you can get 2000 rounds for the price of 1000 rounds Q3131A. Needless to say, I buy the Q3131A.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2002 2:20:25 AM EDT by Not_A_Llama]
And strangely, I buy the Wolf. Above all, practice. You can practice much more if you don't care about ammo cost. It's cheap, accurate, and if you keep your gun clean (this may sound familiar to vets of the AK/AR debate), it will perform well. There is no such thing as varnish transfer. At least it's imperceptible to me, and several people at my range. My JT Distributing kit keeps going and going, having seen about 500 rounds in succession of Wolf. The rifle's yet to have seen a chamber brush or an ammo caused failure.
Top Top