Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 8:40:57 AM EDT
What do you guys use to highlight the lettering on a AR? Id like to make everything white except for "Fire" which Id like to be red. How would I do this? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the white 'Lacquer Stik' from Brownells. Works great, just make sure to heed the directions. Don't know if they have red.

Some friends (who know) recommend ladies nail polish! It's supposed to be tougher than regular paint. You know those ladies and their claws. Fill in the recesses with the color of choice, then wipe off the excess with a rag dampened with acetone (the old fashioned nail polish remover - not the new 'friendly' kind).
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never done it, but I've read of people using the stuff made for repairing chips in porcelain sinks, tubs... (unless someone had an extremely gay bathroom, I guess that would leave red out).
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Brownells carries a variety of colors.
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7778
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Testors gloss white, red and yellow enamel. Easy to work with and easy to remove if you want. Just degrease what you want to paint, load the letters with paint and let it set. Dont be bashful, load them till it spills over. When dry, take a patch soaked in WD40 and rub the excess off. It helps to use a straight edge, like a credit card type piece of plastic with the patch wrapped around the edge once you get past the excess and to the flat surface. Sometimes two lighter coats are better, just let them dry in between. I've had real good luck with them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Crayola makes some kick ass 'Lacquer Sticks'. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Crayola makes some kick ass 'Lacquer Sticks'. [:D]

View Quote

I saw a guy on here who did that with pics, it looked awesome. And after seeing this thread earlier I did it to my Eagle Arms Preban, turned out awesome [:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top