Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:58:53 PM EDT
I got my first AR with flat top and I got the Warne High 1" mounts, and im thinking its going to be to low. (seeing to much black at top). Now I see you can buy 1" risers on the net anybody shoot it in a similar way? Also what would you suggest a good riser, im doubting it would not have to be very special at all.  Would there be anything wrong with this At the Bottom of page

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be pretty high.  Hope you have a giraffe neck.  It might end up with chin weld vs. cheek weld.

The riser and low rings might be OK.

The riser with medium rings - iffy, but maybe.

Bare receiver with high rings is a pretty good setup.  Hard to beat it for cheek weld.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea maybe i just have the scope to far fwd. Makes getting to the charging handle difficult.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
These are the Leupold Mark 4 "Super High" 1.4" height rings on an A2 stocked AR.
This puts the scope at exactly the right height.
I think 1.4" is about standard for scopes on AR flattops.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, my rings are not that high.  In the current picture, I could see quite good, but like i said the charging handle was a pain. Since then i moved my scope so the lens is almost flush with charging handle, now im getting a black area at top of sight  picture.  Is there such a thing as a 1/2" riser, that would be perfect, but ive never seen one?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The bottom rifle in this pic has the Warne QD high rings on a GG&G 1/2" tall scout riser and the height is perfect.  The scout riser extends over the handguards an inch or so giving more room to mount the scope for correct eye relief.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is there such a thing as a 1/2" riser, that would be perfect, but ive never seen one?

They are pretty much all 1/2".  I don't think I've ever seen a 1" riser.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
So im choosing between these three.

Cheapest  Unknown
Cheaper Unknow
Expensive YHM

Open to suggestions, trying to keep under 40.00

Or I found the YHM Rail extension 5", 1/2" riser. Would this work, or would it not be stable enough. Link HERE
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump, Im gonig to say the YHM one is probably the one to go with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The cheapest way is probably the YHM mini-risers.  You should be able to get a pair of them for about $30 including shipping.  They are $12.75 each from YHM.net
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The cheapest way is probably the YHM mini-risers.  You should be able to get a pair of them for about $30 including shipping.  They are $12.75 each from YHM.net

Yea i saw those, but it would seem a whole riser would be better, maybe not.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top