Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:37:36 PM EDT
I have a can of Dupli-Color High Heat Ceramic paint (Black) that is used on engine parts. This paint can be baked on and is says it is resistant to temperatures up to 1200F as well as most solvents, salts and hunidity.  Has any one ever tryed this as a finish?

Thanks For any help....KC
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, its not anything extra wonderful, but it doesn't do a bad job on a barrel.  Make sure you bake it, or leave it out in the sun (if it gets super hot by you).  Once it gets hard, its better than Krylon.

I've used it for a few magazines, and once I tossed them in the oen, they weren't too bad.  The stuff can go on thick, so watch out and use VERY thin coats.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck I've painted a permanent flashider weld with Krylon "High Heat" BBQ grill paint. Worked great, still on there after getting the barrel hot enough to light cigarettes off of. So something better ought to be the shit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a can of Dupli-Color High Heat Ceramic paint (Black) that is used on engine parts. This paint can be baked on and is says it is resistant to temperatures up to 1200F as well as most solvents, salts and hunidity.  Has any one ever tryed this as a finish?

Thanks For any help....KC

I used it on my 16" Stainless Steel MRP barrel  and couldn't be more pleased, it's hard, doesn't chip, isn't affected by solvents, wears very well, is cheap and available everywhere.
Use thin coats, bake it according to directions and you'll be pleased.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all of the replys and help
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top