Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/1/2004 12:25:43 PM EST
What more do I expect from buying something from high end manufacturer compared to a high production company such as Armalite. I was looking at buying a M15A4 from them. I dont mind spending a few extra hundred bucks for better quality, "better is best". Im very interested in the LMT MRP and the Barrett 468...but the Barrett is out of my price range. Im willing to spend $1800usd. Im looking for a A4 carbine. If anyone has any suggestions and links, I would greatly appreciate all your responses.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:22:17 PM EST
www.ameetecarms.com

They sell high quality rifles at affordable prices. I own one and love it and better than any other AR I have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:24:28 PM EST
Why not check out ADCO or MSTN, get your lower and get one of their upper...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:14:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:20:52 AM EST
I don't think ArmaLite is a high production company, if you're worried about that. It's older and bigger than most and is a factory operation, but it's small. I've bandeen there and there are less than a hundred workers. Nice operation though. A couple of other members have been there and can say more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:13 AM EST
I think a lot of folks want to spend more moolah hoping this will buy them better quality parts...better build..more attention to detail and quality aftercare...

Your best bet is to educate yourself about your rifle to the best of your ability and to be able to trouble shoot it on the spot....After all you are the one that is most likely to be handling it when it breaks down..and most likely wont have an 'expert' to talk to on the spot and at the time...

Personally I like dealing with guys like the ones at ADCO...talk it over with one of these guys
OR WES or any other number of quality dealers on Arfcom...check out their reputations and their prices

There is some real value here in the price to quality ratio...

Get an idea of what you want your rifle to do...and then you can configure it accordingly...

Your best bet of continued trouble free shooting is to educate yourself to take of the problem or at least be able to diagnose it on the spot...and that takes at least a bit of knowledge...that anyone can gain..get some tools and spare small parts...(these are the things most likely to put you out of service)

The other thing you can do is own multiple weapons...I would rather have the three shooting Rock Rivers...than one broken Les Baer... when the SHTF and I gotta have a rifle that works or else.

imo
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:15:20 PM EST
I am trying to do research right now. I dont plan to buy an AR for about 4months...waiting for winter to end. There is just soo many companys out there that it gets quite confusing. I plan to buy Tango Down vertical foregrip and battlegrip, vltor modstock, ARMS #40 buis, (havent decided on front sight yet), surefire m73 picatinny forend, buffertech recoil buffer, chrome silocone buffer spring from SSS and their CWS. So I was thinking of holding off on these add-ons and buy a "higher end" AR. And just buy those add-ons later.

I went and look at previous threads, it seems like not many people have Armalite...mainly I see is Bushmaster and RRA.

Top Top