Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 12:55:13 PM EDT
Guy showed up at the range last week with a new Ciener conversion. Got the chance to compare mags with my DPMS. Good news: The Ciener and the DPMS put the mag body in the same place (NOT like the M261). Bad news: The Ciener mag of course doesn't have the built-in ejector that the DPMS needs. I didn't get a chance to put his mag in my gun or see if it'll feed. BUT! It looks like some adaptation might be possible. Of course you will have to silver-solder on an ejector thingie. Ciener is supposedly sitting on a warehouse full of the hi-cap mag bodies. This is worth looking into further.

Notice I have not PROMISED that this will work, just that it seems at this time as though there might be a possibility of something....

EDIT: Well, nuts! I thought I was posting this in the Rimfire forum! Is it possible for a mod to move it where it belongs, please? Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top