Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/13/2009 2:43:06 PM EST
Hi,
This is a great place to glean gobs of information. I have a new Bushmaster AR pistol in 9mm, and I am trying to remove the stock handguard. This is a royal pain, does anyone have any hints on how to get the threaded spacer off and then more advice from there. I also was wondering if anyone knew of handguards that would fit. Thanks for any help. These may seem like real "numbskull" questions, but the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Or so they say. LOL Any help will be greatly appreciated. If this is posted in the wrong place please forgive me.

gr8jrny
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:08:04 AM EST
Hi, again. I have been checking to see if anyone has any info on my Bushmaster 9mm pistol. It appears as though no help yet. Anyway I have the stock handguard off, and am now wondering if there is an after market handguard that anyone would reccomend. I just hav a plain ruler but it appears as though it is about 4 15/16" from the black round thing with all the holes around it to the gas block. Any suggestions or other info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
gr8jrny
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:14:41 AM EST
There are a number of manufacturers that make a pistol length forend for the AR15. I've got one from YHM on my shorty 9mm upper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:02:29 AM EST
Thanks for the reply GarrettJ. I will probably be posting questions as I go along on this project. I have mostly worked on "compliant" C & R type stuff, but am now charging into the AR realm. This pistol is not like any other I have seen, I guess Bushmaster has made the process of personalizing this product difficult because they don't want you to add anything that would be a violation of ATF regs.

gr8jrny
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:45:42 PM EST
Dazed and Confused.....

Hi, again, just trying to get a handle on this stuff. I am thinking Bushmaster doesn't want you to personalise your weapons too much. I have been communicating with a gentleman at Bushmaster, via e-mail, and while he is nice enough and somewhat helpful, I don't think he wants to help with my project. I don't want to build a SBR and I don't want to add a VFG to the pistol, (no really), I would just like to have the option of adding a light to the bottom, or a laser. If anyone has had any experience with personalising a Bushmaster 9mm pistol and would care to share some info with me I would really appreciate it. I am so glad I found AR-15.com the wealth of information is astounding, but even without that, the links to Industry venders is priceless.

Thanks again everyone,
gr8jrny
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:07:12 PM EST
Sounds like you have a Bushmaster Carbon 9mm pistol. Those things are very proprietary. It is my understanding that you can't use another forearm on them, but I'm not positive.

Bushmaster does make a small rail that attaches to the bottom of the forearm for the 5.56 carbon pistol. It will fit yours too if you remove the M203-ish handguard cover and leave only the oval shaped piece.

Pictures of your toys are ALWAYS encouraged.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:05:59 AM EST
Thanks for the reply onslaught.

Yes I have figured out Bushmaster, (especially Carbon-15 models) are "proprietary" kind of like buying a preconfigured computer. I will put my touches to it and make it "mine" in due time.

gr8jrny
Top Top