Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2013 10:02:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:12:12 AM EST
I don't blame them. I also don't like it, but I don't blame them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:16:18 AM EST
I have no problem with it as long as they filled back orders from people who ordered them when they were listed in stock.

A kind of rare part is at least available on the market and they are letting the market decide what they are worth.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:16:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 7:38:58 AM EST by LDog]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Banshee35:
I have no problem with it as long as they filled back orders from people who ordered them when they were listed in stock.
View Quote

True. But that would presume Numrich would do the right thing. And "doing the right thing" and "Numrich's" are no longer commonly found in the same sentence.

I have been a steady customer of theirs since the mid/late '90s. The last two years I have had nothing but constant disapointment and lies from them. Cheap cast parts passed off and advertised as factory replacement parts (S&W revolver parts), poor/fair damaged surplus parts passed off and advertised as "good" or even in one case, "new." Kinda unbelievable stuff. They are on their way out of business; the gun industry is too small to tolerate stuff like that, and the internet too ubiquitous nowadays to get away with it for long.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:25:00 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:37:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 12:38:44 PM EST by Sarge8497]
Sorry I didn't see the above post. Disreguard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:21:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 3:22:02 PM EST by Tumerboy]
Ya, don't get me wrong, I'm fine with them selling the sets if they still have them.

What pisses me off is that they suddenly went "out of stock" when we discovered them. And now they magically have more.
It is possible all of that is 100% accurate, but my experience with companies tells me otherwise.

Still, great that the parts are available again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:50:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By Banshee35:
View Quote

They aren't. I ordered mine back when they were first listed on their site for $30. I put in a second order when the right sides came back in stock as well.

I understand why they're doing it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. As someone who can't afford to drop $600 on a set of handguards (I can't be the only one here), it kinda sucks. It's very unlikely that I'll do any further business with Numrich after this.

(I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me I should quit whining and become a brain surgeon so I can afford to get a set of these off GB )
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:18:50 PM EST
So they are selling them for top dollar at auction rather than selling them to those that have already ordered them?

I've never done business with them, but was considering a few things from them, not any more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:34:32 AM EST
Probably just me but I don't see a hint of brown on either set. One says they "believe" they were brown---the other set doesn't mention brown (or 601).

They both do say Bakelite. Granted usually when we say Bakelite when discussing handguards we think brown-----but it does also come in black in other applications.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:27:30 AM EST
Never purchaced from them but they go on my "cheaper than dirt" list.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:45:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By SmashingPumpkins:
Probably just me but I don't see a hint of brown on either set. One says they "believe" they were brown---the other set doesn't mention brown (or 601).

They both do say Bakelite. Granted usually when we say Bakelite when discussing handguards we think brown-----but it does also come in black in other applications.
View Quote

I asked if both sets were brown bakelite underneath all of the paint. This is their reply: "Gunbroker Item # 372362920 is an original green and # 372362625 are brown, but have been painted green."

I'm still confused.

Now they have posted newer pictures of the 372362920 set saying the original 4 picts were of the wrong item. The left guard does look to be brown (maybe)---not so sure about the right one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:46:55 AM EST

View Quote

Shitty photos, but I will say that these sets look just like the ones I got from them on the initial run. (Black paint and all)
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:14:14 AM EST

View Quote

Their descriptions have always been poor (in GunBroker and on their website). But when it's said "Bakelite", that's what I've received
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:10:01 AM EST
Let the FUN begin!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:10:40 PM EST
$513 and $442

Much better than the $1500 of a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:11:54 PM EST
Maybe just maybe the prices are coming down. Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:27:21 PM EST
I cant blame numrich for trying to make every single $ they can on a non-replaceable super rare item.
Love dont pay the bills.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:29:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By jhud:
I cant blame numrich for trying to make every single $ they can on a non-replaceable super rare item.
Love dont pay the bills.
View Quote

don't think anyone is blaming them. people are mad that their orders got cancelled and then they are selling them on GB which means they found at least some that could have been used to fill orders.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:44:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By boywonder777:

don't think anyone is blaming them. people are mad that their orders got cancelled and then they are selling them on GB which means they found at least some that could have been used to fill orders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Love dont pay the bills.

This^.

I don't blame them for making a profit, I'm just a bit ticked that my order was canceled because the part i ordered was "out of stock" but then they suddenly have at least 3 sets to put up on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:11:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By SousEstime:

This^.

I don't blame them for making a profit, I'm just a bit ticked that my order was canceled because the part i ordered was "out of stock" but then they suddenly have at least 3 sets to put up on Gunbroker.
View All Quotes
Love dont pay the bills.

This^.

x2

Mine got cancelled as well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:28:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By Log:

x2

View All Quotes
Love dont pay the bills.

This^.

x2

I think there are like 20 or so of us.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:23:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By Booze:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Booze:
Love dont pay the bills.

This^.

x2

Sometimes I'm slow to catch on. that aint cool
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:34:23 PM EST
Yep, I'm one of the 20 or so.

I ordered 2 complete sets and they cancelled my order saying there were "no more available". Fortunately, I was able to get 2 right side bakelite/green handguards and 2 bakelite/green pistol grips.

I traded a fellow retro member one of the right side handguards for a left side so I could have a complete set.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:34:38 PM EST
Great posts. Thank you all for the information. I'm done with Numrich. Never really trusted what came from them anyway. This may be good for their bottom line now, but it shows poor integrity.
Top Top