Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 1:53:08 PM EDT
I am looking for some stuff for my m4? Right now its a M4 with a M203 on it. May or may not keep the 203 on there. Kinda hopin I lose it. But was wanting some toys for it I could invest in. Its got rail mounts everywhere ya can put um. Like a pistol grip. Ive seen a pistol grip that snaps onto the M203. Anyone seen it and there thoughts? And if I give the 203 up Would like to get a grip with built in light with pressure on/off switch. Alsoon sights. I like the Acog's but them things expensive from what I saw online. Right now I got an MAMBA sling on it. Also would like to get the small rear site for it so I can lose the carrying handle. If someone knows were to get that let me know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:45:11 PM EDT

Are you .mil or is this airsoft junk?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 2:53:31 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
where did you get the M203 at?

what kinda stuff you looking for?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:11:50 PM EDT
Why not post a picture of what your weapon looks like now, se we can better figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 3:59:06 PM EDT by jasoncwrd]
Military. K found a picture of a similar one only diffrence is that I have rail mounts were the front handguards are. And thispic is of a airsoft gun I think or somthun. Mine is a military issue. http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Color+pic+of+M4+with+M203/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=121plq610/EXP=1123891076/*-http%3A//www.karlsplace.co.uk/images/m4m203.jpg
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:27:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:36:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YELLOWV:

thats what i'm thinking, but i could be wrong.......

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:40:12 PM EDT
your first post is how to put a pistol grip with a light on your m203?

way to hit the ground running.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:44:23 PM EDT
lol.. first off if its mil issue i wouldnt mod it. second why would you want to ditch a 203 you are issued?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:48:53 PM EDT
Can you post a pic of the actual gun you are talking about instead of an airsoft gun? Or are you a troll? LOL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:53:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TylerM_8:
Can you post a pic of the actual gun you are talking about instead of an airsoft gun? Or are you a troll? LOL

yeah! we definitely need some pics dude
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:28:49 AM EDT
Something stinks...the smell is coming from under that bridge. Oh yeah, there is a troll on the loose.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:50:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jasoncwrd:
I am looking for some stuff for my m4? Right now its a M4 with a M203 on it. May or may not keep the 203 on there. Kinda hopin I lose it. But was wanting some toys for it I could invest in. Its got rail mounts everywhere ya can put um. Like a pistol grip. Ive seen a pistol grip that snaps onto the M203. Anyone seen it and there thoughts? And if I give the 203 up Would like to get a grip with built in light with pressure on/off switch. Alsoon sights. I like the Acog's but them things expensive from what I saw online. Right now I got an MAMBA sling on it. Also would like to get the small rear site for it so I can lose the carrying handle. If someone knows were to get that let me know.

Alright, I'll take you at your word. If you are .mil, then you probably shouldn't be dicking around with your weapon. Put a stock on that 203 and see how quick your 1SG breaks his foot off in your third POC. If (for whatever reason) you are actually given the latitude of chosing your weapon (as opposed to being told what you will carry), and you go with a slick M4, the light you are talking about is one of the SureFire series. They will start around $500. And you thought an ACOG was high. The rear sights are from various mfr's. For questions on those, go the sights and optics forum. All of this stuff can be found in the Equipment Exchange and Industry parts of ARFcom.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:22:27 AM EDT
K tryin to answer in order.

First the 203 is supposed to be the Platoon leaders drivers weapon mounted on an M16 and I am a squad leader. I could keep it on if I want but I can also give it up if I want. Then on the last post. If ya seen what we were putting on our rifles while in Iraq ya would know that 1SGT wouldnt mind some stuff. One dude had a scope on his M16 longer then his rifle. Hes an idiot but thats just an example. In my battalion we have some cool stuff but in my role as a Mortarman in a Tank unit we dont get to much highspeed stuff. We at bottom of food chain basically. And yea I seen the 203 grip last night on some web site. Dang stuff is expensive LOL. But thanks for help so far. If I draw my rifle out mon I will take a pic
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:05:04 AM EDT
Don't take it the wrong way, there has been a bunch of airsoft posers coming over here and asking questions, and people are tired of it.

Are you going to pick up an M68 if you dump the 203?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:25:51 AM EDT
I know that a lot of latitude is given in putting stuff on M4s that aren't provided through supply, but putting the pistol grip on an M203 is getting a little out there. Scopes are one thing, building a new weapon is something else.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:32:57 AM EDT
tag & IBTL
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:06:07 PM EDT
Yea understood on the bb guners. Already got a 68. Used it while in Iraq some. Didnt really like it but used it some. Some guys had ACOGs and they were the stuff we all wanted but not gonna drop a 1000 buck on 1 LOL. Was under impressiom 203 grip was a easy addon that could be put on and taken off at any time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:32:43 PM EDT
What exactly are you calling a 203 grip? We might be talking about two different things.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 2:37:48 PM EDT by _DR]

I'm not buying what he's selling.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:42:28 PM EDT
Why cant he replace the m203 that he's hoping to loose for an ACOG that could save his life????
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:30:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:36:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 8:38:28 PM EDT by jasoncwrd]
Heres a link to only web site I found with um
http://www.m203grip.com/

And for whoever doubts that I am not talking about an M4. Well theres nothing I can do about it but post a picture of me with a M4. But even doing that would proablly would not please ya cause ya can find a pic of a guy holding an M4 anywhere. So save yourself some time and my time by not posting your post about me BSing ya. And also if ya dont believe the military thing check the email comon now look at the end of it. Ya know the whole @us.army.mil. So everyone who has posted a helpful post thanks.

With the replacingthe 203 with an ACOG. ACOG is expensive and unit will not furnisheveryone with one so they buy limited few and then like my platoon got 2 assigned to it in Iraq. The LT took one and the Platoon Sargent took the other even tho he sat in his AC truck 95% of time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:40:49 PM EDT

Heres a link to only web site I found with um
http://www.m203grip.com/

And for whoever doubts that I am not talking about an M4. Well theres nothing I can do about it but post a picture of me with a M4. But even doing that would proablly would not please ya cause ya can find a pic of a guy holding an M4 anywhere. So save yourself some time and my time by not posting your post about me BSing ya. And also if ya dont believe the military thing check the email comon now look at the end of it. Ya know the whole @us.army.mil. So everyone who has posted a helpful post thanks.

With the replacingthe 203 with an ACOG. ACOG is expensive and unit will not furnisheveryone with one so they buy limited few and then like my platoon got 2 assigned to it in Iraq. The LT took one and the Platoon Sargent took the other even tho he sat in his AC truck 95% of time.

If you are in the military, please tell me you are not in the Infantry. You would not be on this sight asking these questions. That is what all that experience in your platoon is for. You know, TEAM LEADERS and SQUAD LEADERS and BATTLE BUDDIES.

What unit are you with anyway?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 8:46:37 PM EDT by jasoncwrd]
Yes Military and yes Infantry. I know all the answers to most of my ?ins just looking for good websights and thought. I am in 1 CAV. Order of presedence in my unit goes Tankers, Scouts, then everyone else. Im my 5 yrs in military have only had M68 assigned once didnt really like it anyways. Got a Pac 4 had it in Iraq but hardly used it. Carried my SAW most of the time when dismounted andkept M16 light so I could hold it up with one hand and use hand motions with other.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:48:54 PM EDT

The LT took one and the Platoon Sargent took the other even tho he sat in his AC truck 95% of time.

That about figures..... Take a look at the Eotechs, and see if you can try one out. Most of my buddies are using those over the M68s.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:09:00 AM EDT
Yea I like the Eotech.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:26:52 AM EDT
So what outfit you with?
That should not compromise OPSEC.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 8:10:43 AM EDT by m24shooter]
OK, now I see what you're talking about. Never seen one. I thought you were talking about the folding shoulder stock/pistol grip mod for 37mm/40mm GLs. That would have been a prob. That thing you posted looks like a solution looking for a problem.
Again, taking you at your word. It's just that we get a lot of BB flingers in who really dont' contribute much and end up being trolls.
So are you a squad leader, PL's driver, or mortarman? I think you've hit just about all of those in this post alone.
As for the leadership snarfing the good shit, that happens a lot. My brother's running convoys right now in souther IRQ as a scout platoon leader. He specifically forbade the issue of optics to anyone but the guys with the likelihood of using them. He refused my ACOG, saying that he shouldn't be in a position to use one. He gives those out to the line guys. Several of his troops shipped over with private purchase optics. He is in one of the rare companies where the leadership element actually thinks right most of the time. He is however using my CCH rear sight.
ETA: Eotechs are very nice. Look into one if you haven't already. For the small sight you were talking about, a KAC folder or ARMS or similar will run about $100 and change. Or you could just buy a carry handle and chop it yourself. It's not hard, and I think there is a post in the DIY forum or on the Maryland AR shooter's site that has instructions. For lights, the SureFire G2s are very good. Check over in the EE board and look for a thread called Workingman's Lights or something like that and you will find a ton of info on there, and some damn good prices.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:39:27 AM EDT
K M24 try to answer your ?ins. I am a squad leader of a 120mm Mortar crew. The PL's driver is one assigned the 203 in our platoon usually. As for the higher ups getting the good stuff yea I know that happens and dont agree with it but all ya can do is take it and help it influence your leadership style. Like right now our new PSG carries a M16A2 with no rail mounts. He says he wont be doing the work like we will, He knows his is a superviorsery role. And your brother sounds like he has the same philosophy.

And by the way thanks for the helpful content as I said before I understand everyones frustration with the BB gunners. But ya know the postings of the guy and some other contents can start to bother ya after awhile
Top Top