Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2003 9:04:00 AM EDT
I saw in the flyer from FAC that they have some ar-15s with a 1-7 twist flat top but with hesse recievers that are not alum but some kind of Glock type material.
Anyone heard, seen or used one of those?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience, but everything I've read on here about Hesse (or whatever it's become now, Vulcan Arms?) is "RUN QUICKLY IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION"

The only non-metal receivers endorsed by the AR15.com membership are the CavArms lowers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a hesse/polymer lower. I have not put enough rounds tru it yet to give any advice. I purchaced mine before I heard about all the bad press or this site. any problems I will replace with eagle or RRA lower..
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Cowdawg,

I have had TWO of them. The first one, the bolt broke. Noticed that it did not close without a little friction. FAC took it back and sent me another. Noticed that where the gas tube goes from the forearm and then into the receiever, it was obviously not in-line. I called them back and waited 3weeks on a Oly and they were having trouble getting them in. Asked them to send money back which they did. I now have a Bushmaster that I bought from a friend. Noticed that the bolt closes a lot easier and smoother than the Hesse (Vulcan). Personally, I wouldn't do it. The two that I had were made of that poly-fiber stuff. First gun I shot around 50 rounds through it before the bolt broke. Didn't even shoot the second one. I would just stay away from Hesse (Vulcan) if at all possible. Save your money and put a little more $$$ and get you something that you'll be glad you waited for. Lost out on my original shipping charge and a LOT of headache. Had $600 tied up in it and 6 months without a gun. That sucks. Take my advice and others, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM HESSE (VULCAN). Please.

John
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I built up my own Kevlar Hesse lower and it has been fantastic. It was the easiest to assemble and I have built 6 lowers in the past. I did use a RRA Match Trigger and Bushmaster parts for the assembly. I cannot account for the parts used by FAC but the Kevlar lower itself is great in my experience.

Bob

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top