Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2004 1:18:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/20/2004 1:19:40 PM EST by ecgRN]
Been lurking here for awhile, gathering intel, doing some creative financing, and today......

came home with a RRA complete lower with match trigger.

I have an upper in mind. It's a RRA midlenght with tac- handle and irons. I'm kinda conting on the sunset because it's a pre-ban.
I've a question (or two) though. The upper has the RRA LE break on it. Anyone have one? pros/cons? Because the upper is pre-ban it can easily be swapped for a FH proper. Question #2.....I know you can get pic-rails that bolt on to the standard handguard, and I was looking to mount my Surefire C-2. I'm really not interested in a tac-light, but since I have the SF I might as well give it a go. Any sugesstions for light mount set up? (I'm not real crazy about quad-rails).

One month till the upper comes home, a little longer before I can put the two together.

Thanks in advance.....time to stock up on mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:24:56 PM EST
Welcome to ARFCOM! And good idea on stocking up on ammo and mags... that way you'll have plenty of fun when you get your upper!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:28:22 PM EST
Congrats on your purchase... and welcome

Everyone here is great.... if you're a guy.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:36:50 PM EST
Welcome!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:39:28 PM EST
Welcome.

I just received my RRA lower, A2 with NM trigger. Have a RRA 20" SS Wilson 1:8 pre-ban upper waiting to snap together. My first M16 - AR config. since I had to give my rifle back to the friggin' armorer.

Someone around here has a great sig. line. Something to the nature of, "20 years ago I started out with an A2 govt. model. After many years and several thousands of dollars, I now own an A2 govt. model."

Something to think about.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:45:17 PM EST
"Devildog," I have to agree with you on that. My first AR was a Bushy M4gery, but as cool as it was, it wasn't the same as having the good ol' 20". My current 20" is a flat-top, but I feel an A2 coming this fall... I'm already up to five projects, dammit... hehe

Semper Fi!
Top Top