Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 7:56:11 PM EDT
Looking to purchase my first AR...Interested in the Bushy Varminter (fluted 24") or Varmint Special (24" SS)...Any advise on which would be better for target/varmint hunting? Also, I am open to suggestions on other makes/models...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Either would do fine, although I'm inclined to say go with the one with flutes if you plan on doing more hunting than targeting and vise versa. I say that cuz I feel like the fluted bbl will cool quicker while you're shooting all the dogs on the prarrie. Stainless will look cooler at the range. Shoot just get the stainless bbl fluted and have the best of both worlds.

Shoot you'll get 100 different opinions here, just get the one you like the looks of right now, it won't be your last AR. I promise you that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I made the same choice, and here is what I did; I wanted a 20" Heavy Barrel, for good ballistics/accuracy. I wanted a chrome-lined chamber, (5.56mm), and chrome-lined bore. I also wanted a good set of GI issue iron sights, and a removeable handle with a flat-top for quick scope mounting. So, I bought the BUSHMASTER A3 20" version. It's a great rifle, and shoots closer than I can hold. I keep my scope, mounted on a one-piece ARMALITE scope-mount in a foam-lined pistol hard-case.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice!  I shot my friends Varminter and it is a tack driver...but the Special is "cool"...decisions...decisions
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top