Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:52:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 8:55:34 PM EDT by toyotaman]
I've got a POF-USA Predator 12X rail on order. My current upper is a 16" M4 profile barrel with a 4-rail gas block and a faux flash hider pinned and welded on the barrel.

I think I would like to replace this existing barrel and reinstall a new barrel myself. I've read the FAQ on doing so and I think I can handle it.

I'd like to replace my current barrel with a 16" lightweight barrel. As I bought my new free floating rail to extend beyond the gas block, I'll need a low-profile gas block. But I haven't been able to find available for purchase a low-profile gas block which will fit on a lightweight barrel. So my plan is to take an A2 front sight and dremel it down to fit under the rail.

In fact, I was thinking that if I bought the Superlight 16" barrel from Bushmaster I could remove the existing front sight,dremel it down and reinstall it easily.

My biggest concern right now is about the flash hider that is pictured on Bushmaster's barrel. How is that installed and how would I remove it and reinstall it?

As I'm trying to plan this out, my biggest obstacle, I think, as I haven't been able to find much information about it yet, is the flash hider. I don't really understand how they are mounted.

Your thoughts on this build would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:17:12 PM EDT
the flash hider is threaded on, on that barrel. Lefty loosy, righty tighty.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:33:37 PM EDT
Very cool, man, very cool.

Thanks for the assistance.
Top Top