Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:25:46 PM EDT
About four months ago I bought a C-More four rail free float forend on the EE.  I decided to get off my duff and install it tonight only to find out that I don't have a way to tighten the lock-nut that keeps the rail from spinning.

Anybody know where to buy a wrench for the lock-nut?  I have a YHM free float tool, a CAR buttstock spanner wrench, and a multi-tool armorer wrench and none of them mate up with the lock-nut.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe C-More sells a wrench?

Nah, I already went over to their website to take a look.  It states that "although the installation is simple, special tools are required and is best left to a qualified expert."

I just need the damn wrench to install it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You could try a rubber strap wrench from Sears/Craftsman.  It should get it tight enough that and some Blue Loctite.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You could try a rubber strap wrench from Sears/Craftsman.  It should get it tight enough that and some Blue Loctite.

Good call, thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top