User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 9:15:39 AM EDT
Here are a few light options I am considering:

Current set-up: Surefire G2 in 1" scope ring
Pros: cheap, works for my needs so far, lightweight, within my budget
Cons: not sure about long-term durability, not designed as a weaponlight, enough for indoors but lacking for outdoors, doesn't match TA11 well for best night ability

Possible set-up: Surefire G2 with P61 lamp, AN14 adapter, Z32 Shock isolated bezel, B65 battery adapter in 1" scope ring
Pros: within budget, uses existing equipment already on-hand, 125 lumens and 1 hour of run time in lightweight 9v package, shock-isolated bezel
Cons: still not designed as a dedicated weaponlight, more expense (about $40 + a G2), high output lamp on G2 builds up a lot of heat

Possible set-up: M962C with throwlever
Pros: Allows use of vertical grip or not as desired, dedicated weaponlight, better combination of grip and light possible with less weight? Versatile positioning of light
Cons: More weight, much more expensive, outside of current budget

Possible set-up: M900 with throwlever
Pros: LED navigation, dedicated weaponlight, compact, light is in desired location (below bore)
Cons: Heavy, can't remove light without losing grip, Is grip durable enough to withstand a good muzzle strike without breaking? Grip breaks and you lose light too, most expensive and outside of current budget.

I welcome any comments that anybody here has to add. My current experience with lights on weapons is limited entirely to a G2 tie-wrapped on to M4 handguards and only lately have been able to upgrade to 1" scope rings on a rail handguard.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The KR1 Rechargeable Kit for the G2 has the AN14 so that a B65 NiCad battery stick can be used to power the P60 - the runtime and Lumen output using the B65 is not quite as good as when powered by the two SF123As.
In addition, the B65 can power the P61 120Lu/20min High Output Lamp Assembly but again, it can't power it for very long.
And another thing, the B65 is not suggested for WeaponLight applications. I don't think it's designed to handle recoil.

If you want to adapt your G2 to power either the P90 or P91 9V (three SF123A batteries) then you'll need the old A19.

I have photos of this - please email me if you would like to see them. [email protected]

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top