Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:28:50 AM EST
Hey guys, my father recently bought a Colt MT6601 HBAR, but we have found out that supposedly it has a bushmaster upper. We can't find anywhere on the upper that says bushmaster. Where are the particular places that identification would be stamped on an upper receiver for Bushmaster? We can't seem to find anything on it, hope you guys can help with some ideas. Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:42:34 AM EST
Complete upper?  If it's a Bushmaster then "BMP 5.56" should be stamped on the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:44:27 AM EST
Ok, what if its not a complete upper, what if its just the upper receiver without the barrel? Any other way of telling what kind of upper receiver it is? We can't see anything on the barrel so thats why I'm asking this question. I don't even know what barrel it is because it says nothing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:07:59 AM EST
It will be difficult to tell what you have it there is no marking on the barrel.  Have you looked under the handguards?

Is there a little mark on the right side of the receiver above the forward assist?  This will identify the forge that supplied the upper but not the manufacturer.

Does the upper have M4 feed ramps?  Bushmaster doesn't make rifles with M4 feed ramps.
Top Top