Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/27/2004 8:44:31 AM EST
I need to know if anyone knows how to remove the muzzle brake from a Hesse barrel? Okay before everyone says just throw it away and get a new barrel, let me tell you that I bought it before I knew about the Hesse bad rep, sorry just a noob. (beside I got it for only $40) Here is what I know it is a 16" heavy barrel. Vulcan arms said that they have 1/2 28 threads and pin all thier brakes but I don't see any signs of a pin. They said they don't know where the pin is, I have remooved the finish around the brake and there is no sign of a pin. Anyone have any idea? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:38:29 PM EST
do you or can you get a mill ? usuly the pins are at 6 oclock start milling at 6 from the back of the break tward the front and the barrel will jump when it hits the harden pin mill a little more off from around the pin then put in a barrel vice and unscrew
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:00:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 4:01:40 PM EST by mongo001]
If I'm milling a barrel, or anything for that matter, it would seem that I would have it tightly secured in some type of vise, so how is the barrel going to jump? A good carbide bit should go right through anything without anything jumping. Just a question, as I'm somewhat of a newb machinist, but everything I put in the mill gets clamped down pretty tight or gets flung across the room.
Top Top