Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:57:58 PM EDT
I bought a used RRA AR-15. I'm trying to find out anything about the barrel that I can. The rifle was bought new by the first guy in Feb as a complete RRA rifle from an RRA dealer. The lower and upper are both marked RRA, has RRA NM trigger, so I am assuming that the barrel is RRA, also.

It is 16" M4 profile, thicker under the handguards. Has "M4" feedramps. There is not a single thing stamped anywhere in front of the front sight. Under the handguards, near the barrel nut, there is "N9A" stamped. There is also a "1" stamped separate from the other stamping (also oriented differently).

Anything anyone could tell me would be great. 5.56? Chrome-lined? Twist?

I saw a chart somewhere on this site before with barrel info, but I can't find it anymore. I'll probably call RRA on Monday to see if they can help.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 7:03:52 PM EDT by mongo001]
N = 5.56 chamber
9 = 1/9 twist
A = NOT chrome lined

FWIW, RRA adds ramps after the fact, with a fixture and grinder, likely a Dremel. They aren't a standard option, using the "correct" equipment. If done properly, they don't hurt anything, but I've seen some that looked less than ideal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:09:38 PM EDT
Good info from Mongo as usual. Yes the bbl is RRA as they dont mark them in front of the FSB.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:01:23 AM EDT
Thanks Mongo. Exactly what I needed to know.
Top Top