Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 10:25:59 AM EDT
Matt,
I would like you're opinion on what you would do. I am buying a new stock, eather a Magpul or a LMT. You're original post dated 5/5/04 one year and three months ago said Magpul would be comming out with a stock with battery storage compartments. I called them, and as of this time they said they still don't know when that will happen. I guess my question is, do you feel it is worth giving up the storage compartment to get the Magpul? My next question is, Is the LMT as solid a stock as the Magpul or do you get some play in the LMT. I am in the mountains in western N.C. and have not seen eather one. I can only go by what I see on the internet and the opinion of others. I would not be happy if I got a new stock and it was loose! Thank in advance for you opinion.

Perk
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:27:45 AM EDT
I just put a magpul on one of my ARs, very very very nice stock. Cant say much about LMT, never used one or seen one in person myself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:37:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 10:38:30 AM EDT by DevL]
Doesnt Magpul have a 30 day money back guarntee? LMT is not as solid as Magpul but its more than solid enough. LMT Has a flat 90 degree buttplat and the Magpul is more ergonomic. I dont stroe batteries on my weapon... thats what pouches and pockets are for.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:12:40 AM EDT
there are other places to store batteries.

get the magpul!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:23:59 PM EDT
I'd buy the stock I think will fulfill my needs the best. Like others have said, there are plenty of places to stow batteries on and off the rifle. Magpul does have a 60 day return policy when purchased directly (this may apply to dealers as well but I don't know for sure) so at least if you get a Magpul and find it's not for you, you can just send it back instead of selling it.

Magpul is still coming out with some kind of battery storage until for the M93 stocks. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it but it will come out eventually.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:44:41 PM EDT
I am in the same situation as you with nowhere to look and compare various stocks etc. I called one of the very reputable dealers on this forum (I won't use his name because he is a dealer) and asked his opinion. He said he liked the LMT so thats the way I went and it is a good stock. Guys that handle this stuff everyday should be able to point you in the right direction. Try calling one and telling him what you want and you will probably be treated as nice as I was. The LMT is easy to put on but remember everything has a spring under it so watch for them when you take the old one off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:59:47 PM EDT
I love my SOPMOD.
Its a clone, but it is very comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 4:27:02 PM EDT by CJan_NH]
I'm very, very happy with both of my Vltors and my prototype MagPul. The fit and finish is of both brands is excellent, and both companies are headed by great people. I like that the Vltor has onboard battery storage-and I love that the MagPul feels every bit as solid as a fixed stock. I also like that Vltor uses a milspec dimensioned receiver extension, so they slide right on my Colt tubes.

Hell, you can't go wrong with either. Here are a couple of mine:

Forest made me the little parts carrier on the MagPul. It's simple, rugged, and works very well
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:35:53 PM EDT
I just got to handle and shoulder both stocks this weekend. Both are built very solidly but the LMT is much more comfortable (most comfortable I have felt) and IMO the Magpul looks a little to gadgety for my tastes. So I say LMT. I personally would go with the Vltor for it lower price, great features, and good build quality.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:38:39 PM EDT
VLTORs are great. If you wanted a new stock, you couldn't go wrong with one.
Top Top